About Our School
Demonstration Multipurpose School, affiliated to CBSE is a Department of Regional Institute of Education, NCERT, Bhopal. The school came into existence in 1965 and is one of four such schools in the country, other three being at Ajmer, Bhubaneswar and Mysore. The school, located in RIE campus, is spread in an area of 10 acres of land at Shyamla Hills, Bhopal. The school runs a comprehensive program of education from pre-school to class XII under the 10+2 pattern as envisaged by NCERT. It serves as a laboratory of the RIE for carrying out researches and innovation brought out from time to time by the NCERT.
The school admits children locally through a randomized computer draw to facilitate admission to children of all sections of society. It serves as a laboratory of the Institute for carrying out action-research and innovative experiments in school education. It also provides opportunities to the interns to observe learn and participate in teaching through internship program.
DMS got NOC from Madhya Pradesh Govt. with NOC no. (2505) on 28-02-1978.The Provisional affiliation from CBSE board obtained on July 1977 with affiliation no. 1030016.
To provide a model for school education of the nation aligned to holistic development of children.
To function as a laboratory to experiment the effectiveness of various innovations in the field of school education and teacher education. To build the capacity of pupil-teachers of RIE in teaching-learning, action research and student assessment.
Role and Functions
1. Imparts quality education by employing latest techniques
2. Serves as a laboratory of Regional Institute of Education, Bhopal:
· To diagnose problems in school education and carry out researches
· To enable prospective teaches to observe, learn and practice teaching through internship program.
· As a centre of studies in curriculum development.
3. Emphasizes harmonious human relationships and high moral standard through active and participation in curricular activities.
4. To bring out innovations in teaching-learning process and student assessment.